Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Twisted Sketch #129


I had a hard think about this sketch, and decided to interpret it a little wider than I do sometimes, so we have a bold shape in a mirror image of the original, although not the shield shape in the sketch.  I have chosen to do a Lone Star 'quilt' shape, inspired by the colours of the photograph and by the current trend for quilting inspiration in scrapbooking (especially a LO by Briana Johnson - not on her blog except in sneak form for Shimelle's PPP class).  I decided to keep to the red white and blue colour scheme to focus complement the photo rather than swamp it with too many colours.



I added a very simple border, a plain title and a loop of ribbon (for this week's twist) attached with a brad, and left it at that, as I wanted to show off the stunning colours of the Acer tree against the sky at Winkworth Arboretum which I've had in my 'to do' pile for ages.

So perhaps a looser interpretation than I sometimes do, but I love white space sketches and this gave me the chance to play and try something different.  Do go over to Twisted Sketches and see all the lovely layouts made by this week's team - so many different takes, that's what I love about Sketches.

By the way, if you are a cardmaker there is a DT call over at Twisted Sketches - so hop on over there and see what they are asking for - I do love the fact that I work in a one week on - one week off team so I have plenty of time to work on the sketches and never feel pressured.

Materials Used:
Bazzill Basics Cardstock
Patterned paper from Paper Trunk, October Afternoon, FooFaLa, MME Front Porch, Basic Grey, 
Alphabet: Lily Bee
Ribbon from stash, Sakura Red Gel Pen. Brad - Making Memories
Border Punch - Woodware

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really great page - love the colours and your fab quilt pattern!

reneabouquets said...

Really cool interpretation of the sketch! Love those colors and the design is fab!

Iben said...

love your paper quilt on this twisted sketch layout - and a great photo too :-)