Thursday, August 13, 2009

How much TV can they watch?

Having grown up without a TV I'm quite restrained in the way I watch TV. I never have it on as background noise - radio? oh yes, but never TV. I only have it on if I'm watching something and I rarely scan the channels looking for something to watch.

If I do it tends to fall into the documentary, film, home, craft or news formats.

My two youngest children however are screen freaks, they seem to be unable to function without sitting like blobs in front of a screen of some kind. Suggestions as to whether they could possibly do anything else meet with:

"I don't know what to do"
"I haven't got anyone to play with"
"I don't like my toys"
"I've been outside for AAAAGES" -usually all of 10 minutes.

Unless there is organised activity, usually involving having people over or going out and spending money, they simply default to the sofa and a video/DVD/junk TV programme, or computer game - AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGH!

Drives me nuts!

No comments: