Saturday, November 10, 2012

Ten things I love about Autumn

I think, just marginally, that Autumn is my favourite season, so here are 10 things that make me happy that it's here:


  •  My wedding anniversary on October 3rd.



  • Gorgeous colours on the trees and kicking through the leaves.


  • Clear blue sky with just a touch of chill in the air.

  • Harvest time - a good excuse to preserve for the coming winter - apples and plums in the freezer, chutney, pickles and jam, sloe gin and damson vodka for Christmas. 
  • Thanksgiving - I'm not American but I really like the idea of being thankful for what you have and the past couple of years we have celebrated it.
  • Comfort food - curry, soups, rice pudding and baked potatoes.
  • Bonfire Night - I am such a big fan of fireworks.

  • Eastbourne Crop - for the past 7 years I have had a November weekend of laughing and scrapbooking with my friends from the North Cheam Crop at a hotel by the beach. Such fun.
  • Making my Christmas Cake.
  • Boots and scarves come back into my wardrobe choices.


2 comments:

Jo said...

I love this time of year too because of all the gorgeous colours, I love your 10 things this month x

Sandra said...

You've got such a fabulous 10 there Ali, love them