Saturday, September 22, 2012

Thank goodness for scraps and Tim Holtz dies

I have had a lot of cards to make in recent days, and not a lot of time, so my Tattered Florals die has been a real bonus in creating pretty layered cards for birthdays, anniversaries and the like, stress free.

This time I raided my pink scraps, cut a selection of flowers, stacked them using Pinflair gel - thanks Rachel Elliott for your tip in Scrap 365, it makes 3D so easy and less fiddly than multiple foam pads.


Some inked edges, a few pearls, buttons and stamps from a magazine set I acquired recently - wasn't that keen on the mag, but the stamps are perfect for all sorts of projects - a gorgeous happy birthday ticket as used above, a star with music on it, scrabble letter 'Congratulations' and a host of others - I was a happy bunny when I found them!

I will get back to scrapping some time soon, honest!  But at the moment, life is just too busy to do more than play with scraps at speed to concoct the cards I need in a hurry!

No comments: