Friday, October 12, 2012

CSI - Case File 40.

Colour. Stories. Inspiration.

My DD is a great fan of CSI so when I saw this mentioned on a blog I was intrigued to find out what it was all about.

A weekly challenge, with just over a week to complete it - a colour prompt, embellishment prompts (evidence!) and a testimony prompt which guides journalling.  It offers loads of different options and some very delicious printables which complement the Case File #40.

My attention was taken by the 9 happy things prompt - which formed my title.  A printable list is hidden behind the photo and looks like this:



I am a big user of white Bazzill and I have a new pack so it was an obvious background. Using my Ranger mini misters I created a spray concoction with Adirondack Dabber paint and some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and sprayed!  I decided to use scraps which were currently on my desk and came up with a couple of fuschia flowers, some punched butterflies in the chartreuse colour and a couple of buttons.



One of my nine happy things is my Benefit Lipstick, so I coloured a chipboard circle with the lipstick then sealed it with Glossy Accents.  I decided to put my photos into a collage, but also decided that a mix of black and white and coloured elements would work best.

'Evidence' Prompts included Circular elements (tick!), transparent elements (the letters in my title, that I have had since at least 2008 when I used them on a layout!), and a big flower - well quite big. I also used some ribbon in the green shade on the colour chart.

The yellow was the hardest as I'm not a big fan or user, so I settled on a couple of accents, just to close the case file!

So my first case - it's not exactly my usual style but I had fun creating it. TFL :)

3 comments:

Emilie said...

Fab layout! I love your lipstick idea! I might give it a try...

Jo said...

That is a great layout, well done on completing your first case :) xx

fatmonica said...

Great layout!I love the lipstick on the chipboard!I've used powder eye shadow instead of glimmer before but never thought of using lipstick!