Monday, August 15, 2011

Four LOs at one - I don't think so !




On my meanderings through Shimelle's Explore Class, she suggested a technique whereby you construct 4 LOs at a time, to 'basic finished' standard using a kit, then individually embellished them.

Buoyed up with my new Counterfeit Kit, I though this would be a great idea. However, I failed!! It worked up to a point, in that I managed to get 3 planned out, but I couldn't find a way to create a fourth - mojo went on strike, and I got far too interested in all the embellishments I wanted to add to one in particular! So the result is: Two finished completely, one almost 'basically finished' except it lacks a title and journalling, and one completely bare!!

It was an interesting technique though and with more room (I was trying to do it at our crop) I will try it again sometime, just to see!

I did use up quite a lot of the kit one way or another, and have completed 3 Los (two above plus another one not pictured, and have one on the go - so that's a good start.


Although I was sadly too busy to really participate, I also cast an eye at Shimelle's Cybercrop this weekend and worked with two of her challenges.

The first one provided some hybrid labels which I printed out and used, with inspiration gained from this beautiful LO from Kim Strother - thanks for the inspiration Kim :) - make the pink LO second from the top above. I then used her Starting Point Challenge sketch to create the 'birdie' LO above. I'm still dithering about whether it needs a title or not.

5 comments:

S said...

I think your 3 layouts are fabulous - nicely done. I missed Shimelle's weekend crop - looks like it was fun filled.

Sharon said...

Hey, they look great!! And the "crop" of the weekend isn't really over, just the weekend is!

The goal is really to get our pages done! And you succeeded!! (It was hard doing four in one hour - that's why I used her sketches, I can't think fast)

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

Well I do not see any failure here. I see three layouts almost or all the way finished and more coming! keep it up!

Margie said...

Hey-who cares if you didn't get 4 done? You got 3 lovely pages more than you started with, right? Lovely job!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Wow, you are on a roll! You are getting more done than me. :) I love the flowers on your layouts, very pretty! xoxo