Friday, August 05, 2011

Something pretty...



I had time last night to go to my local crop and play - much appreciated time with friends and I managed a LO as well - using my 10 Days of Summer kit and the wonderful supply of punches on offer I had a really good dither before settling on a kraft background for my bright photo.

Shimelle would be ashamed of me choosing my papers according to the photo and not its mood (Explore module), but I'm not very good at this yet and the papers were dying to be used!

I did enjoy playing around with making embellishments from the range of things I had with me - i.e. not much, but the kit was so well put together that I could match things up perfectly. Abominable photo - I really must stop using DH's camera to photograph my LOs - I just can't seem to get them straight!

Coincidentally, the Counterfeit Blog kit inspiration for August is pink - so I'm on trend and will have to scour my collection to find the girly bits and do something outside my usual box. I'm sure photos won't be a problem as I have a daughter and 4 nieces for starters, and pink is always great with b&w photos. Hopefully this weekend will bring some time to get my kit collated.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

This is just such a pretty layout Ali, it amazes me how quickly you can create such a wonderful layout :)

vixen said...

Gorgeous LO :) love all the detail and the papers are so pretty :)

Katherine said...

Beautiful page - really pretty...and I've just got that doily lace punch so it is great to see it in action (also get the papers too....they are lovely :)

Emilie said...

This is a great layout! So many things to look at!

nerllybird said...

That's a very pretty page, I would have enjoyed playing with those punches too! Looking forward to seeing your girly layout!
Helen S

Nicki Tustin said...

a really pretty page