Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My final Twisted Sketch

' Leap' was the twist to this week's Twisted Sketch, the last one for this team.  I have so enjoyed my time on the team with such a band of talented ladies who never cease to inspire me.

This is what I came up with:



I loved the sketch straight away and thought of the photos and the button circles very quickly.  The photos are my boys in Galicia two years ago, jumping off the dock at Porto de Bares.  This became an evening tradition when the tide came in enough to jump safely into the water and they repeated it time and time again, with ever more outlandish jumps and bigger and bigger splashes!  Fortunately the only other people about were doing the same thing!

I used some of the BG Nordic range for my pp - not very summery but the pattern reminded me of water.  The buttons came from my advent swap - thanks Emma, for providing the perfect colour combination of buttons in one bag!  The summer embellishments are ages old so I was pleased to add them in the quest to use up old stash.  I split the prima swirl into two, to represent splashes and added a die cut bird and some journalling.  The letters are MM, outlined in journalling pen for added effect.

Thanks for looking, and sharing my journey with Twisted Sketches.  I've had a great time.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful Ali, the button circles are just perfect.

Carol said...

Just love the monochromatic feel to this layout! Bravo!

Jo said...

I love this layout, the papers and the buttons are great. The photos are brilliant x