Thursday, April 19, 2012

Try Something new every week - Good Friday

We had a joyful reunion with friends from Cornwall, who we don't get to see very often on Good Friday.  The window of opportunity was small - we could only meet on that afternoon, but we were blessed with glorious weather - good enough for a picnic on the banks of the Wey and we did a lovely circular walk near Pyrford, across fields then along the canal and the river Wey.  Another thing that I've wanted to do for ages, and never got around to.  These photos are from my iPod touch - I'm enjoying playing with Instagram even though the camera isn't great.





It made me realise that Surrey is a lot more than just suburbs, it's easy to bomb around on the A3 or M25 and not get into the real countryside too often, but this was a walk I will definitely do again, there is something so relaxing about walking near water.

No comments: