Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Twisted Sketch #146

I had a ball with this layout, using the sketch #146 at Twisted Sketches this week.   I have realised that I am happiest when I am playing with scraps rather than whole bits of paper (background for layout excepted of course lol!)

Anyone who knows me in a scrapping sense will know that I am a hoarder extraordinaire when it comes to scraps and file them scrupulously for future use.  Recently, they have come into their own as I have been using them up!  A couple of layouts and the beginning of a project based on Ali Edwards' 'A Week in Life' - which I am going to do over 2 weeks in April to compare and contrast our lives in school holidays and school time.

But I digress...  my layout this week - ta da!



Another ancient photo, from life before kids on holiday in Cornwall.  I actually did the butterfly ring before I chose my photo and dithered for ages between several, finally settling on DH lounging around :)  The paper butterflies are a complete mixture of scraps from my hoard, and from those lying around on my desk.  From Studio Calico, Sassafras, Making Memories packaging, Crate and some bits I can't identify, inked and lightly stuck down with assorted gems and pearls.  I used several strips of washi tape, and made a flower using different crushed ribbons (given to me by my friend Claire) stuck onto a Gluber.  Letters are from Glitz I think.

The twist for this week was 'Brads' and this was my using up of old stash which I try to do on every layout - and I used tiny brads as corner embellishments.

Thanks for looking and please do visit Twisted Sketches and see what the other ladies have created this week.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Ali that is such a gorgeous layout. I love the butterfly ring - exquisite!

Lorna said...

Oh my - this is fabulous. I love that butterfly ring. Sandra and I have both pinned this and Im sure I will scraplifting - its fab!

Jo said...

This layout is so beautiful, you are so talented x