Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Twisted Sketch # 148

This week I decided to use this lovely perforated paper I found in a local scrapbook shop.  I've not seen it anywhere else, but it was just screaming out to be sewn on, so I did!  The original sketch is here

Materials Used:  Bazzill Basics Black Cardstock, Perforated Paper - LSS, Chipboard embellishments - Jenni Bowlin and Crate Paper, Alpha stickers - Scenic Route, Flowers - Prima, Clip - Basic Grey Oliver, Phrases - Authentique, Other: Pearls, Twine, Embroidery Silk.

I've been printing out slides that I've scanned from my parents' collection and this one is of me and my little sister, with my mum and grandparents at their house in Wales.  We had wonderful holidays here, near the seaside and I've made a 6x12 page to accompany it, full of journalled memories of our stay there, and using the offcuts from the perforated paper and coordinating embellishments so it all looks nice. The other thing that makes it special for me is that I used embroidery silks that belonged to my Granny on the layout.  The title is the name of the house.

Do head over to Twisted Sketches and see what the rest of the team have got up to with this sketch. Thanks for looking.






4 comments:

Sandra said...

How lovely to scrap some older photos - I am loving that at the moment too. The perforated paper reminds me very much of binca and the pop of red works really well.

Sandra said...

Oh Ali, it's perfect I love that your scrapping older memories

Katherine said...

Super page and that paper is great - never seen it before. I like to scrap older photos too, and they come out really well from a scan :)

Unknown said...

wow that paper is COOL!!
Love your photos too!