Sunday, April 05, 2009

Girl Politics

We had DDs birthday bowling and pizza party yesterday. It was nice to meet some of her new high school friends and their parents. I'm pretty pleased with the ones she invited, they seem really nice kids.

I do worry though, she's not very good at the whole girl politics thing - she's a bit naive, she piles in to support the underdog, usually at her own expense, she has a kind heart, and she's way too keen to please others. I'm just waiting for her to do something REALLY daft, because she wanted to impress someone. I just pray it's nothing permanently damaging, emotionally, physically or criminally. It probably wouldn't be wilful, just unthinking - the next few years are going to be a rollercoaster as a parent - I've been expecting it since she was born - (a mini teenager since birth), but now it's here I'm no more prepared for it than the day she was born - help!

No comments: