Thursday, July 05, 2012

More cards

I always seem to make cards in a hurry. I keep promising myself an evening session to get ahead and make a batch of cards so I always have something on hand, or to personalise upcoming card events.  But as usual, I hit a deadline and had to produce instantly.  It is birthday week this week, a friend in France, my Dad and my best friend has a milestone birthday coming up fast.  (Fortunately none of them read this blog!)


First up, my Dad.  I don't have any vintage car paper at the moment so the first idea is out, so I settled for using some Echo Park Times & Seasons which have a suitably masculine colour palate.  I had to use my new Smash dymo - thanks again Claire!  although it would help if I concentrated while printing so I didn't end up with Happy Birtday!!  My tab punch and a few gems, and punched out stars helped to make it more decorative (in a manly sort of way) and I do love that running stitch punch which I backed with a strip of black to make it stand out.


Second, my mate in France (well, Luxembourg this week).  I went for a simple approach - a sheet of Glitz Vintage Vogue, a cardstock offcut which I stamped with presents and a Fancy Pants ticket border, assorted letter stickers (I never seem to have quite the right combination) and some Graphic 45 Eiffel Tower paper finished it all off.  Hopefully sophisticated enough for a friend across the Channel.


Finally the milestone birthday.  I decided that I didn't want to rub it in, so I settled for adding the number to the inside of the card instead!  She loves horses and so these images that I have in a notebook purchased with glee from TKMaxx over a year ago seemed perfect and cheerful to fit the bill.  Scraps of paper lying on my desk - (and although it was Wednesday, I am far too ashamed to show of my desk for WOYWW!) Suffice to say it is a tip! - gave me a base - some ancient Paper Trunk pp and some BG Oliver (the only collection I have bought in full and am gradually using up) provided me with a base.  Some twine - because you have to really - and some letter stickers and all I had to do was to cut round my horses and mount one of them on 3D foam.

Simple, and not much of the messing around with paint that has kept me occupied lately, and away from here - mainly because I haven't actually created anything yet!  Next time I will be more organised - at least that's what I'm telling myself.

1 comment:

fatmonica said...

A lovely collection of cards.I love those horses!