Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bowtie Stickers



Despite my strict stash diet, I still can't resist looking around at what is coming out soon and my eye fell upon the new Nordic Holiday collection by Basic Grey. Like most of their collections, I don't actually want all the papers, but will invest in a few most probably. I loved the font for the alpha stickers, much less chunky than usual BG style and I also noticed that they had a new invention (at least to me!) - bowtie stickers.

Closer inspection shows that these are two strips of c/s trimmed into a bow at each end, a piece of fabric (or ribbon) gathered in, topped with a round piece of what appears to be c/s - a scalloped circle.

Of course, my cheapskate nature means that I had to try to make one! Using bits from my July Counterfeit Kit, I used an Echo Park pp base, a piece of ribbon, pulled in at the 'waist' with a piece of cotton, and a crate paper chipboard 'button' as a topper.

As I have already used it on a LO, I can only offer a cropped photo version of my effort, but you'll get the idea :)

I intend to have a session making more of my own versions, but you could use ribbon for the base layer as well, and buttons, badges or brads for the top - hoards of endless possibilities for the counterfeit scrapper!

9 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh these look fun, I'll have to give them a go

Margie said...

Oooh, something else to make!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

These look great - I may have to have a go!

Jimjams said...

I like yours better than the original to be perfectly honest - great counterfeiting!

Angela Toucan said...

welldone

Linda said...

This is a great idea. I'm going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Kim Strother said...

these are awesome and they do look fun to make. I will be making some soon!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

What an ingenious counterfeit job! I may have to "borrow" this idea!

Laurie Marmon said...

Very cool to look ahead like that and make your own! The embellishment looks great!