Thursday, May 03, 2012

Thank you Ronda Palazzari

On a recent blog meander, I came across this book called Art of Layers by Ronda Palazzari - her blog is an awesome arty treat for any papercrafter.  Anyway, I HAD to have the book and ordered it immediately.  Well it didn't disappoint - at all!  Not only is it chock full of delicious projects, it also has fantastic photo instructions and loads of little extra ideas.  I cannot count the number of times I've dipped into it since it fell onto my doormat and each time I've noticed something else wonderful.  The final icing on the cake is that it uses recognisable and recent and lovely products which means that they are still available if you want them!

So my first foray into one of these techniques was paper patchwork - and this is the result.



Ok, I didn't exactly sew on them as my sewing definitely falls into the amateur class, but I love the effect it gives, not to mention using up scraps which is my raison d'etre!  I cut the blank shape on the Cricut - thanks Debbie :) and then covered it.  You could equally make a sheet and then cut out a shape from it, but I'm too much of a control freak for this.  I also made a mini book to showcase my photos as I had too many even for a double layout.

I will certainly be back with more projects from this lovely lovely book.  Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

vixen said...

fantastic Technique and perfect for using up scraps, you have done a great job x

Sandra said...

Now that must be good book as I love what you've created through it

Ronda Palazzari said...

You are every so sweet! i really appreciate your glowing recommendation. Your patchwork is beautiful! Cool idea to use your cricut!