Tuesday, May 01, 2012

All in a weekend's work

I had a bit of a scrapbook this weekend and managed to do a few layouts.  It's not often that I stick to a single manufacturer's collection in a layout, but this time I did two!  Both are using ranges by Authentique that I bought from Gottacraft recently.  The first is pretty and pink and not my usual thing but it was perfect for a layout I wanted to do about my sister's wedding, and one photo in particular that I had been musing over for ages - I love the photo, she looks so pretty.


In my usual thrifty fashion, I managed to find an offcut of  Bazzill that matched so I didn't have to cut into a new one lol, and apart from the chipboard alpha by Chatterbox, brads from Basic Grey (ancient! and Making Memories, a bit of twine and the little padlock charm, everything is from the Delightful range of papers and they are so beautiful.  I'm glad I have some left to play with.



The second one uses the Loyal range, and I blitzed out and invested in the stickers as well.  I've used quite a few already. I also had a little play with some new masks I bought at Ally Pally - the woodgrain one didn't work too well with a Distress Stain, but the brick one covered up my mess, and I used an inkpad and sponge to get a better coverage.  The letters are from MME I think, and are flocked and delicious.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Oh Ali, these are wonderful. You've picked the perfect papers for each of those photos