Sunday, April 22, 2012

Finally some scrapping!

It's been a busy time lately and my scrapping has suffered.  I haven't managed to do much at all, so it was a welcome Saturday crop last week and I finally managed to do a couple of layouts.

The first is a counterfeit paper, based on the MME Miss Caroline Dolled Up paper.  I haven't quite got the density of butterflies, but I do love the mixture and tried to create a similar theme, using up my scraps as ever!  However many I seem to use, there are always more in the growing pile!  I made the paper before I decided on the photo, something I don't do too often. I am pleased with the result, although I would have liked to add a bit more journalling in retrospect but I couldn't bear to cover up all the butterflies!!



Second up is a paper I was almost about to pass on, until sheer serendipity intervened and I saw how it went with the wallpaper in the photo!  Sad reason maybe, but it did fit with my philosophy of using up my old stash, and I added a MME frame I've had for a while, a Crate border sticker, punched stars and some Fancy Pants banner strips, before deciding to accent with a little aqua.  The letters are Doodlebug (old) and foam Thickers.



Finally, Lorna (of My Little Blogette fame) was sitting next to me at the crop and was using Shimelle's starting point from a week ago and made such a lovely layout I felt compelled to this for my next layout.  I have wanted to scrap this photo for ever - it was taken nearly 20 years ago, long before I scrapbooked, and way before digital cameras and I am absurdly pleased with my one chance print.  I couldn't really get DH to skip down a meadow - Laura Ingalls style - more than once!!



I bought the gorgeous papers a couple of weeks ago from Gottacraft and was thrilled to have the chance for a real play.  Strangely, using a starting point made me dither much more than when a layout comes out of my head!  I couldn't decide on the placement of papers, but finally settled for this, although I think I may add a loop of twine to it at some point.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Ali, these are really lovely :)

Jules said...

Lovely layouts! The butterfly paper is a fab idea and looks great!

Karen leonard said...

Really lovely layouts, especially love the butterflies, such a simple but effective idea. x

Jo said...

They are all fantastic layouts x

yvette said...

You have made some gorgeous layouts, I love them all.

Emma said...

Gorgeous Layouts Ali - I love the butterfly one especially