Wednesday, April 18, 2012

From my counterfeit kit

I bought a new hexagon mask at Alexandra Palace - hexagons being the thing atm!  I created this layout in the spirit of pink inspired by this month's kit.



I cut out the hexagons, having misted on the reverse, then backed them with assorted patterned papers.  I added punched borders, using contrasting shapes, then added some ribbon, a resin flower and a title using letter stickers (doodlebug I think, and Making Memories).



I would have loved to stitch around these, but that's way beyond my sewing capabilities.  Old stash used : the letter stickers.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

This layout really is lovely Ali and it's a gorgeous photo of Daisy.

Jo said...

Another gorgeous layout and a beautiful photo x

La Petite Maison said...

Lovely layout! And you just created a lemming for me with that hexagon template.

Tara O said...

Loving those hexagons! I wouldn't have stitched them either, that would have been tons of work! LOL!!

Great LO

Susanne said...

This looks great - I never would have thought to mix the hexagons with the lovely scalloped edges of the other papers - it so works.

MiliPea Designs said...

I love this layout. I have pinned it to inspire me later! Great idea for a school photo and to use up scraps!