Thursday, May 05, 2011

Old Photos




Serendipity - does sometimes happen. I had an idea for my Sketchy Thursdays LO but no photo that matched my idea. I was looking for something else at the time when I accidentally pulled out a photo album from the Eighties and bingo! the perfect photo for my plans, and one I probably would never have got round to scrapping had it not been for this - big smiles all around.

And this is it - the sketch was the inspiration and is sort of mirrored and only has one photo etc etc. but hey! I am pleased with the result and enjoyed using my paint for the first time in ages.


I've also been sticking to my stash busting goals - not buying and trying to use up some of my stash - especially papers. I have started an envelope book to use as a birthday reminder and card holder book, and I have made a smash book (a la K & Co) using up papers I probably won't ever scrap with. My stash is also looking a lot more manageable at least on the paper front, although thanks to UKS Mary Anne, I came to the sad conclusion that I have an awful lot of coloured Bazzill and am veering more and more towards neutral backgrounds :( - needs a rethink as to how I might use my (much less than a foot) pile of Bazzill and other cardstock.

No comments: