Monday, August 15, 2011

Four LOs at one - I don't think so !




On my meanderings through Shimelle's Explore Class, she suggested a technique whereby you construct 4 LOs at a time, to 'basic finished' standard using a kit, then individually embellished them.

Buoyed up with my new Counterfeit Kit, I though this would be a great idea. However, I failed!! It worked up to a point, in that I managed to get 3 planned out, but I couldn't find a way to create a fourth - mojo went on strike, and I got far too interested in all the embellishments I wanted to add to one in particular! So the result is: Two finished completely, one almost 'basically finished' except it lacks a title and journalling, and one completely bare!!

It was an interesting technique though and with more room (I was trying to do it at our crop) I will try it again sometime, just to see!

I did use up quite a lot of the kit one way or another, and have completed 3 Los (two above plus another one not pictured, and have one on the go - so that's a good start.


Although I was sadly too busy to really participate, I also cast an eye at Shimelle's Cybercrop this weekend and worked with two of her challenges.

The first one provided some hybrid labels which I printed out and used, with inspiration gained from this beautiful LO from Kim Strother - thanks for the inspiration Kim :) - make the pink LO second from the top above. I then used her Starting Point Challenge sketch to create the 'birdie' LO above. I'm still dithering about whether it needs a title or not.

4 comments:

Susanne said...

I think your 3 layouts are fabulous - nicely done. I missed Shimelle's weekend crop - looks like it was fun filled.

Crystal said...

Well I do not see any failure here. I see three layouts almost or all the way finished and more coming! keep it up!

Margie said...

Hey-who cares if you didn't get 4 done? You got 3 lovely pages more than you started with, right? Lovely job!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Wow, you are on a roll! You are getting more done than me. :) I love the flowers on your layouts, very pretty! xoxo