Monday, October 17, 2011

Take One Challenge

S-J - over at Little Musings blog has started a new challenge where you look at your old los, and take something from them to inspire a new layout.  Boy did I need something to inspire me, having wandered around all last week with no ideas at all.




This is the layout I chose for inspiration and the one thing was the column of patterned paper circles - all from different ranges - I love mixing ranges. With the current 'thing' for hexagons, I decided to create a column of hexagons instead - from my Counterfeit Challenge Kit for October, and came up with this...



I honestly didn't expect to use up that yellow paper, until I found the photo while sorting through a pile of others - it must have got misplaced, but what serendipity as it is such a cute photo of my youngest son and made me want to scrap it straight away.

Having the opportunity to scrap as it was crop week - and a lovely day we had too, despite missing a couple of friends who had sadly suffered bereavements and another who is celebrating her birthday way out West, and a few with more mundane reasons.  I did manage three LOs - which is feeble but better than nothing.  One of the others is here (the third has photos of someone else's children, so I'm not loading it):


Again, some serendipity involved as I found these scraps when I opened my plastic box to take my kit to crop, not only did they match my kit, but they fell like that which gave me the idea for the LO.  A discarded set of stickers from a crop friend further inspired me to add them to the LO which is of my great great uncle, about whom I know nothing beyond the photo and dates of birth and death.  It is strange to have these photos but not any of the background of what anyone was like - another reason why I scrapbook maybe?

9 comments:

yvette said...

Lovely pages Ali, hope to make it to a crop soon!

fatmonica said...

Great layouts-I love the Enid Blyton books!

Jo said...

Having seen them in the flesh I can honestly say these layouts are gorgeous :) You did better than me, I only managed two layouts at the crop!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Your pages look great. I really like the hexagon idea, great shape update for the page.

Jen Cro said...

I love the hexagons on your layout. I will definately be doing this on one of my layouts. Maybe with my scraps at the end of this month. Thanks for sharing.

Tara O said...

I love those hexagons!!!

MiliPea Designs said...

Love that hexagon layout!

Jimjams said...

THREE whole pages at a crop - that's twice my normal output, but I am a tremendous prevaricator! Love both your inspiration page and the hexagon one - perfect for the photo (or should that be the other way round?!?!). Great creativity Ali!

Lisa said...

lovely pages and I really like the mixing up and layers of papers on both of them. the vintage photo is wonderful and the layout really gives it pride of place. so important to be capturing these details