Monday, October 31, 2011

Quilted Inspiration

I was really inspired with the prompt from Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party about taking inspiration from quilting and blown away by the Texan Star quilt that one of her clever contributors had exhibited.  That is absolutely on my list of 'to do' layouts, but will take much more time than I have right now, so I was looking for a quicker fix.

Having done a hexagon 'quilt' layout which I posted a few days ago, pre prompt I can add - oh I do like being on trend! - my thoughts turned to argyle - which is not quilting but we're meant to go with our flow yes?  Besides, the measuring involved in cutting four identical diamonds was enough for me today!


I used my lovely Crate Paper Farmhouse kit from Gottacraft and for once in my life stuck to what I had in the kit with the exception of some Thickers and a journalling pen.  The photo is ancient, from a trip to Boston in 1988 when I had never seen so many pumpkins - Halloween not really being celebrated here like it is now - hate it! - and really loved the Quincy Market.  I am trying to scrap the photos from this trip so this is another for the collection and I'm pleased with how the argyle has come out.  Next time I might try stitching it!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Fantastic layout Ali, you're so creative x

Debbie P said...

This is a really beautiful layout. Nice work on this and the quilted look.