Wednesday, May 30, 2012

And now for something girly....

It's not often I scrap in pink, but sometimes the urge overtakes me to do something a little more girly than my usual.  The photo was taken on DD's birthday when most of the pictures were of her happily opening presents, but at one point younger brother made some typically crass 11-year old boy comment and I managed to snap 'that look'!  You know, the one they develop as teenagers to express their disapproval of everything that fails to match up to their idea of cool, acceptable and definitely including little brothers.  Oh I was happy to have camera to hand to capture something that occurs every day in our household, and to scrap it for posterity as, hopefully, she might grow out of it one day - or maybe just come to appreciate her darling little, soon to be taller than her, brother!


I couldn't make it stay flat to photograph, hence the wonky appearance of the black border but it's better irl!  The papers are BG Out of Print, which I had from Emma for my Advent Swap and have been stroking ever since :)  I 'borrowed' from Ronda Palazzari in sewing around some of the petals, but I'm not nearly as patient as her, so I stopped after a while!  The scalloped border is from Crate Paper, and the title is black glitter thickers, which coordinate with the Bazzill Bling Cardstock in Black around the layout and the photo.  I was gutted to find that I had no 'O's but butchered some other letters and then found that serendipity had made them look like a pair of eyes - so I'm happy - although I can't decide whether to put 'quotation marks on the title or not.

Only time will tell.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Love the story behind your page Ali! Those flowers are amazing.

Sandra said...

I must say those "o"'s look really good :) great layout Ali