Wednesday, May 02, 2012

A couple of scraplifts

Some more of my recent playing has revolved round scraplifting some of my scrapbooking heroes.  Firstly Kinsey Wilson whose blog I love to look at for inspiration.  This is her Design Team work for Studio Calico's City of Lights Kit here  and I had to take some inspiration from this layout.  OK, I've strayed far from the delicate pastels of her layout, but I just loved the sections of buttons and applied them to my layers of brown for a Center Parcs layout of DH being daft!




My stash is considerably lighter after this layout which weighs a ton! The papers are mainly old too and come from my scraps box, along with vellum and a serendipity square which I had from a swap many moons ago.  A dash of washi tape just to make it 2012 and my layout was done, and no! I didn't sew them all on - though I have done in the past!

The second one comes from Creating Keepsakes from last autumn and I'm only sorry I can't locate it to give the lady her due credit (if I find it I'll update), but be assured this is scraplifted from that source and again, I loved the idea of masking off patterned paper and sewing.


Again, all the bits are from my scrap box and are old, I can see Chatterbox paper for one!  I added mini ricrac, a few handcut hearts and a button for embellishments, and the alphas are a mix of old Basic Grey chipboard and Lilybee Buttercup.  The title reads 'So proud of where you're going and proud of where you've been' and the journalling describes how my DS2 moved from his year of home schooling into high school.
Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow Ali the work that has gone into these layouts is amazing .... They're truly gorgeous

Nicki Tustin said...

so many buttons, these are such gorgeous layouts

Unknown said...

These are so lovely, great scraplifts, I especially love the button one.

vixen said...

Love the layouts the top one is stunning love the use of buttons too x

vixen said...

Love the layouts the top one is stunning love the use of buttons too x