Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Twisted Sketch #152 - in two acts!

I loved this week's sketch (find it here on the Twisted Sketches blog) when I saw it and quickly formulated plans for a layout!  Then I remembered the twist - so I had to rethink - more of which tomorrow!

Warning - photo heavy.

The layout below focuses on this twist - 'Mother' - and is of my Mum with my daughter as a baby.  I love this photo and was happy to scrap it, knowing that I had the perfect papers from Gottacraft, left over from a previous layout (found here).  It makes me happy to use up papers and I have only the smallest bits left over for my scrap box.

Materials Used: Cardstock - Bazzill Basics, Patterned paper - Authentique - Delightful range,  Echo Park  - This & That, Graceful; Tissue flower - Studio Calico; Embellishments - Basic Grey Little Black Dress - Petals, Anna Griffin - epoxy stickers, flower, ricrac and brad from stash; Mask -   Heart Punch - Martha Stewart,  Scalloped border punch- Fiskars, Scalloped circle punch - Woodware.  Alphabets - MME Lush and Chatterbox.  Other: chalk.

I had so much fun playing around with this until I got the look I wanted.  I started by chalking through the clock mask to provide a subtle background.  I traced the shaped card from a sheet I already had, then matted and scallop punched the photo.  I unpicked the SC tissue flower, cut the ends off and used it to back the lettering, and the offcut for the little embellishment cluster in the top corner.  I dithered for ages before deciding to use the blue lettering but it matches perfectly the little dot on the fleur de lys patterned paper.  Old stash used is the epoxy rose stickers which reflect the rose bush that they are standing in front of, and the discovery in my stash of the linen look Basic Grey 'petals' was one of those joyous moments when you know you've found just what you wanted.

Here are some close-ups so you get an idea of the textures:










1 comment:

MiniOwner said...

Oooh a super page, Ali.
Sue x