I was keen to have a go at the monthly team challenge on the UKS site, which included a sketch and either sewing or stamping, so I got my supplies out and started playing around, but realised I was just too late to enter the competition. Ditched the sketch as I decided I really wanted an old single photo with all the stunning flowers on the Authentique paper in my recent Gottacraft August kit.
I'm not often one for yellow, but teamed with grey and not too bright, this range is awesome and I've used it more than once already. MME were kind enough to bring out their Lost & Found range which has some coordinating brads and buttons in it, so I indulged myself with lots of product and started an epic hand cut of all the flowers on the sheet. With the bits left over I punched out scalloped circles in two sizes to give me extras to fill in the gaps.
I did stick to the sewing, and drew a shield shape, then sewed big stitches, alternately in embroidery silk and MME Bakers Twine. I also added some K&Co sticky lace to tone down the yellow a bit.
Thanks for looking.