Monday, September 12, 2011

LSNED - update





I felt very emotional yesterday with the 10th anniversary of 9/11 being commemorated. It brought back so many memories, seeing all that pain, and nostalgic memories of my primary schoolfriend (long lost touch, but fondly remembered for all our violin lessons together) who died in one of the planes that hit the Twin Towers, and of my visit to the top of the WTC on just such a blue, clear morning as 9/11. Thinking of all those still suffering, and those suffering as a consequence of the response to the atrocity.

However, my learning had a much happier bent, as we had guests for lunch, which always generates a frantic clear-up, but ends in a nice lunch (as the kids tell me, much better than the ones we get on our own!!) - usually a roast dinner (lamb this time) and pudding (the most important part - in their opinion). The bit I like best though is the after dinner time when you just sit and chat over coffee, rather than feeling like you ought to do chores or some other dull thing. My page will reflect this as my learning for the day.

The above are the last few pages from my book - very diverse learning, and I'm enjoying trying to keep some continuity in the book despite the differences in the things being learned.

1 comment:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Great pages and journalling :)