Thursday, September 15, 2011

Starting Point w/b 11/9/11


What a great LO for using up scraps of stash - I headed straight for my bags of scrap to find coordinating pieces for this challenge. One Tim Holtz, three Bo Bunny Paperazzi and a strip of gorgeous paper from the BG Mellow collection that I have been hoarding for ages made my initial starting point LO.

As my main photo was of a tree fashioned from old exhaust pipes I wanted to infuse a bit of grunge/rust/distress (you know what I mean!) into it. I actually used my blending tool with an ink pad successfully - I usually make a complete mess of it, dug out some of my Mrs Grossman's Scrap Metal papers which were one of the first things I ever bought for scrapbooking and punched a strip, and added another couple, including the label strip which was perfect for the photo!

Letter stickers are a mix of ancient Basic Grey (ECO), Crate (inked Sculpture) and Lily Bee (canal etc.) A few cogs from Tim, a Fancy Pants sticker, a date stamp and it was done.

Serendipity meant that the letters on the Tim Holtz papers were L M N - and the photos were taken in LeideN - so I added the 'eide' over the 'M', stamped a swirl, and the location was there in lights. I so love it when things work out :)

3 comments:

Sandra said...

This really ouldnt have worked out better :)

Claire said...

Gorgeous layout, lovely colours.
C
xx

Katherine said...

Beautiful page, love the photos and the colours :) I have a tutorial nearly ready...got the photos just need to write the words.