Friday, September 02, 2011

LSNED - A new adventure



This is a new adventure for me. I signed up without really knowing much about what it was all about, got even more confused at the different albums/sizes/techniques discussions on the forums and then decided just to go for it, with the encouragement of my friend Jo, she of Buckinghams Palace fame, who is doing it as well as has nobly offered to be my buddy for this!

I have gone for 5.5 x 8.5, which is half of 8.5x11 - and I have lots of kraft and AC cardstock in this size so have plenty to play with. I am not buying anything for my book, it is all coming out of my stash, and preferably my scraps. I am doing a different number label for every day, but the continuity will come from kraft tags - on the a/c cardstock, b&w photos throughout the month and a shaped pp template which I will use on the kraft cardstock.

I have used Cosmo Cricket Social Club - Cocktail on the front cover (as yet unfinished!), but I've made up my first two days pages - yes, I know day 2 isn't over yet, but I have decided on my main theme for today.

Yesterday I learned that I should make the most of the sunny days, while they last, and my page is on that theme, as well as a reminder to remember the date - I always remember my friend Debbie's birthday at the last minute and need to be better prepared.

My note to self: Make a good supply of cards in advance, and write birthdays on the calendar!

Today my theme is 'celebrating the season' - no not the C word, but to enjoy whatever is happening in the season, particularly with regard to produce. My photo today is a basket of apples, kindly donated, which has made me want to go blackberrying - it is the time of year for windfalls, chutneys, and freezing fruit for winter crumbles. I also celebrate having my Riverford veg box, which offers a far wider choice of seasonal vegetables than I would naturally eat.

Note to self: find a new apple recipe.

So I still have photos and journalling to print, but I'm getting into this now :)
Thanks for visiting my blog.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Love your pages so far, my lesson learnt on the 2nd in 2009 was the generosity of friends giving me apples and pears, must be that time of year!

Donna said...

I love your first two pages - looking forward to seeing more.