Saturday, December 03, 2011

December Daily - getting started

I decided to do a December Daily minibook this year.  I love Ali Edwards spare style and her discipline in keeping to her colour scheme, but I'm so not her - low boredom threshold, too many stimulating ideas etc. So ages ago I treated myself to the Simple Scrapbooks ' 25 Days of Christmas' collection, and a set of 6 x 12 page protectors, some whole, some divided - very traditional colours and style but great with kraft paper and lots of options and left it at that.



Later I rounded up my Christmas stash - not too much of it after the Christmas book I made a couple of years ago, to use up.  I found some Teresa Collins numbers and Making Memories numbers, some old cards, tickets and some mini luggage tags which I hope to incorporate into the book and put it aside again.

On 1st December I duly did my journalling and took some photos, and finally today I got to sit down and put together a page or two.  I still need to print photos but I have got more or less up to date, and I'm not sure I'm sticking to the one story a day idea but hey! it's my book and hopefully I will get a book I really love at the end.

I was fortunate enough to have an event to attend for the first day, which kicked things off nicely.  For Day 2 I concentrated on our new Christmas decorations, and today is not Christmassy at all, as I've been painting my bedroom wall!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

You've got great syle Ali, nd your album is looking fabulous.

Jo said...

Having seen you start putting you album together I can't wait to see it finished x