Tuesday, December 06, 2011

A little Christmas Crafting

I've been highly productive lately!  It's not a phrase I'd use about myself very often, but I seem to have tapped a seam of motivation and energy over the past few days and have achieved quite a lot in a few different spheres.

Of course, the most interesting is crafting and besides my scrapbooking for Twisted Sketches, I have branched out into some other papercrafting, mainly inspired by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog, of which I am a big fan, and who, recognising that we are all manically busy at Christmas but still would like to do something creative, have set a whole daily inspiration thing going so you can dip in and out and find something inspiring.  So enough of the waffle....

My first project is this tree!




It is an old Sainsbury's Magazine and it took me all of about twenty minutes to make.  Guided to this site called Auntie Recreates by the awesome Kim Strother, who has posted a load of other inspiring ideas on the CKCB site here the instructions are clear and although I didn't have a novel I was prepared to cannibalise, the colour in the magazine gives a different if slightly less classy look.  My boys have already bagged it for their room!  The decoration is a length of snowflake wire from IKEA.

The second idea was taken from my wonderful crop-mate June who created a truly amazing series of hanging stars at our recent Eastbourne Crop.  I found a similar idea on the cover of month's Making Magazine which I bought for the first time and have set about making some alternative Christmas 'cards' for my friends.

I still need to perfect the gluing as the DST isn't very strong but I like the look, and have happily employed S-J's Christmas Tags offered on UK Scrappers here as for my greetings.



This has turned into rather a long post so I shall save the rest for another day - suffice to say that I am rather excited about my new Christmas Tree and have been creating in the kitchen ....

11 comments:

cookcreateread said...

LOVE that tree Ali! Your addition of the snowflake decoration makes it!

Margie said...

Love your tree!! Thank you for the super sweet comment on my blog!!

Sue Jones said...

FAB!! Made one of these trees at work to day with an out of date careers guide- kids thought i'd gone made till they saw end result :)

tea_bag said...

Love your tree and other decs I love hand crafted decs

tea_bag said...

Your blog so nice I become a follower

Sandra said...

LOVE ...LOVE ....LOVE that tree, great links thank you so much

Claire said...

Love that tree, fantastic.
C xx

Sandra said...

Ali that tree is amazing! What a great idea.

Lisa said...

you did such a great job of that gorgeous tree! it looks great. I used to love the Sainsbury's magazine - one of the things I miss now over here :-)

Cathie Rigby said...

Great job on these projects. The tree is awesome. TFS Cathie
www.creativecutteroom.com

happysnapper said...

Great tree, if only I could get my hands on a sainsburys magazine too.