Friday, December 02, 2011

~ Try Something New Every Week #14 - Celebrating Thanksgiving

I have American friends and family and I've always thought that their festival was something worth celebrating and definitely worth replicating, given how very blessed we are and have so much to be thankful for, but it is only this year that we finally got round to having a proper meal and celebration, and jolly nice it was too.



We had a big roast chicken and I raided Martha Stewart.com for a recipe for Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon, Leek and Pecan, and even made the cornbread first :)  We had proper cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes, although I drew the line at putting marshmallows with them!  We invited the kids' godparents over and they  brought a delicious home made Key Lime Pie.

We also had delicious non-alcoholic Fizzy Mulled Cranberry Juice to drink - serendipity led me to the recipe leaflet as I was leaving Sainsburys - and it was very very nice.  I think it might be my new favourite Christmas drink.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh Ali, what a lovely celebration x

Jo said...

Sounds like you had a really lovely day x

Gaye said...

Looks great Ali, but you must try the marshmallows on your sweet potatoes - sounds awful but it's not!