Friday, December 16, 2011

December Daily - the story so far

It wasn't supposed to be like this...  I had my book made up (sort of), enough embellishments and extras to hand and was raring to go, and the December happened.  I was going to put my calm efficient Ali Edwards hat on and do my December Daily every day (or nearly) and keep up.

It hasn't happened!  Life has well and truly taken over and I have been chasing my tail all week.  Christmas Concerts have been and gone, the tree is up, presents have in part been wrapped and delivered - mainly due to a whistlestop lunch in Chester - yes I went there for lunch (from Surrey!) - to swap family presents and see my parents very briefly as we're down here for Christmas.  So on the surface I am organised, but underneath my December Daily has taken a very back seat.

So I thought I'd share a couple of today's pictures with you - and make myself believe that if I've taken the photos and journalled a bit then I can catch up before the end of the month!



Today's entry will be entitled, You know Christmas is really coming when... and features those things, like the Radio Times'  arrival in the house - soon to be defaced by 5 different felt pens - all competing for two channels' worth of recording space at a time - and Christmas plants - fortunately no poinsettia this year - I can kill them off in days, but instead a gorgeous Christmas cactus and a bowl of bulbs just beginning to burst out of their leaves ready for January blossoming.

We also had some snow today, so I may sneak a stray snowflake into my entry as well.  2 out of 3 kids break up today, and we have parties to go to this weekend.  Now if anything makes you know Christmas is coming it's breaking out the sparkly clothes for parties.  Wheel in the mulled wine and I must remember to take a photo of my sparkles!

Have a happy weekend.

No comments: